Monday, August 24, 2009

Creative Twist Challenge for wk 8/24

This week's challenge at Creative Twist
was to use something upside down/inside out/sideways, etc. I had to think about this one for awhile, but finally came up with a couple of ideas.

On the scrapbook page, I cut strips from one sheet of pp and stitched them to another piece of pp. I finger pressed the seams open, and then zigzag stiched over the seams. To get the "inside out" look, I used the stitched paper with the seams showing. (The handsome couple in the photo are my daughter and son-in-law :)

For the card, I used some white Queen & Co. holly & poinsettia felt. I peeled the adhesive from the back side, and sprinkled red & green glitter over the adhesive, so the end result is a bit of Christmas "bling"! I used a Fiskars border punch on the green paper, some dewdrops for the berries and flower centers, and a ribbon bow.

No comments: