Monday, September 27, 2010

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #29 - Stitching

This week's challenge @ Fantabulous Cricut is in honor of National Sewing Month - use stitching on your page. Sewing on a page is great way to add texture and color to a page and it's quick & easy, too. I started sewing as a little girl, making Barbie clothes, and went on to garment sewing and quilting, but now most of the time my machine gets used to sew on scrapbook pages, LOL!

On this page, I used some variegated thread and a zigzag stitch to add a border to the left side of my page, and stitch through the black diecut letters in my title. I changed to black thread and a straight stitch to finish the border around my page.



I used Alphalicious for the title word, Accent Essentials for the 2.5" circle, and Cursive 101 for the paint brushes, cut at 3.5". I wanted the word "art" to be the same width as my matted photo, so I used the "fit to length" feature on the Expression and entered 4.25" as my length - the machine made the calculation to 2.5" for the letters. The "fit to length" feature is one of my favorite things about the Expression!

BTW, the cute girl in the photos is my youngest niece, who had her 2nd grade art project featured in the Best in Show art exhibit at her school last year. Isn't her paper mache mask awesome? Both my nieces love arts and crafts - maybe they'll turn out to be scrapbookers, too!

Of course you don't have to use machine sewing for this week's challenge - you can use hand stitching, stitch stamps or rubons, or pen stitching. Hope you join in the challenge - we'd love to see your work on Fantabulous Cricut!

4 comments:

Kim. said...

Great layout and your sewing is beautiful.
Kim xXx

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Another great layout with the perfect touch of embellishments... I love the stitching and art projects are awesome!!! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out!

Kate said...

Great layout! That stitching looks perfect on the page.
And congratulations to your niece too! How exciting for her!!