Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Practical Scrappers Challenge - It's Button Time!

This week's challenge at Practical Scrappers is to use buttons. This is a great challenge for me, because I have a huge stash of buttons and love to use them on my pages.

For this challenge I raided my button jar for a whole lot of white buttons - 22 to be exact! I used fine point Sharpie markers in red, yellow and green to make little dotted flowers on each button, then I strung the buttons onto some white crochet thread and layered them on top of a green border punched strip for the bottom border on my page. There was one button left over, so I used that as a flower center on my title block. Sharpie markers, Bic MarkIt pens, Copic markers and Slick Writers are all great for adding color or accents to light colored buttons.


Here's a closeup of some of the buttons, so you can see the little dotted flowers. I'm no artist, so this is as good as I get at drawing flowers :)



Hope you join us in this week's challenge! You could win a prize from our wonderful September sponsor - Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps!

3 comments:

scrapperbecka said...

Great layout

Denise G said...

Such a cute button border.

Anonymous said...

I love your work and what a great idea to do the buttons like that.

Laurie

PS Thank you for coming by my site and for your comment!