Saturday, October 9, 2010

Creative ways to use adhesives

One of the topics/calls this month at Practical Scrappers has to do with using adhesives on your projects. We're looking for non-traditional ideas for using adhesives to embellish and accent your projects.

Here are my projects using adhesives. On this first card, I used some thin foam adhesive squares for a border on my card. I sprinkled the foam squares with copper embossing powder and then used a heat gun to emboss the squares to make a decorative border.


On this card, I used a self-adhesive paper lace border. I loved the design on this border but it was a mustard yellow color that I wasn't crazy about. I flipped the border over, removed the strip covering the adhesive side, and sprinkled brown glitter over the top. Then I applied adhesive to the yellow (normally the top) side of the border and adhered it to my card. Now instead of a yellow border, I have a nice glittery brown one!



The pink flowered paper on this layout actually started out as white cardstock. I took a scrap piece of cardstock and punched a couple of small flowers from it. Then I used this cardstock like a stencil, placing it over various parts of the white cardstock and coloring in the flowers with clear drying liquid glue (Sakura Quickie Glue). Once the glue had dried, I spritzed the white cardstock with Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist. The glue acted as a resist against the mist, so the end result is similar to a batik pattern.


Check out the Practical Scrappers site to see Christine's layout using Diamond Glaze to add some shine and dimension to diecuts. Later on this month, we'll share projects submitted for this challenge, so be sure to submit your ideas and check back to see all the winners!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great ideas! xx

Kate said...

These are such fabulous ideas!! I would never have thought to have done these. That layout is just precious. I especially like the way the heart is around the first part of the title. Super!!