Monday, October 11, 2010

Fantabulous Cricut - Wall Decor challenge!

This week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is to create something to hang on the wall. I had this little $2 chalkboard in my stash, so I decided to use that to make a Fall decor item. The pumpkin and vines are from Happily Ever After - the bottom cut at 4" and the top at 3". I cut off the pumpkin from the top one so I would just have the vines. Both images with cut with the regular and shadow option. I used Cursive 101 for "happy", cut at 1.25" and welded with DS, and then Storybook for "Fall", cut at 2". Both words were spritzed with Sugar Maple Glimmer Mist for a little sparkle. I think this little sign will go on a wall in my kitchen.


Hope you can take time to join us at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

6 comments:

Kim. said...

Great idea and perfect for kitchen decoration too.
Kim xXx

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

This is a beautiful Fall plaque, a great decoration!!! :)

Sherri said...

Love this plaque....it is absolutley adorable

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Very nice! I'd use it just about anywhere in the house. Autumn is a fantastic season to decorate for.

Smiles!
Gwen

Kate said...

What a great little altered chalkboard!! I love the glimmer mist used over the font. What a super way to decorate your kitchen!

Michelle said...

very pretty I love all the detail in the inking and the shadowing, love those colors!