Sunday, August 21, 2011

I love sewing

One of the challenges from the on-line crop @ Shimelle.com was to create a page with "I love" in the title.  I decided to do a page about my love of sewing; it helped that I had some of the new Jillibean Soup "Homemade 6 Bean Soup" line that I really wanted to use.  :)   The layout design came from sketch #18 on the Sketch Support site.


I can remember my mom letting me usse her fabric scraps to make Barbie doll clothes.   Mom taught me to sew when I was in elementary school, and I'm still sewing today.   The things I've sewed have changed - from Barbie doll clothes to clothes for myself, then on to clothes for my kids, quilting and now clothes for my granddaughter.   Nowadays, I do more scrapping than sewing, but sewing is still my first love.

2 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful layout!! I love that photo of all the thread lined up. And those buttons right below your title are great!

Tracey said...

What a wonderful layout of your love for sewing! The paper is a perfect match. I love sewing too...it only seems to happen on paper lately. Enjoy your week!