Thursday, August 18, 2011

Time for the second Sassy Lil card sketch for August!

The scallop circle and bow on this week's card sketch immediately made me think of a wreath.  I decided to do a fall wreath, since I love sending out "welcome Fall" cards.  (It's my favorite season!)

I used my Cricut and the Christmas wreath from the Joys of the Season cartridge for this card.  Instead of using Christmas colors, though, I cut the wreath base in dark brown, and then cut it three more times in various Fall colors of cardstock.   I just snipped some of the leaves apart and arranged them around the base to get a variation of colors.  


We'd love to see your card based on this sketch.  Just link it up to the Sassy Lil Sketches blog for a chance to win a prize from our wonderful sponsor this month - My Favorite Things!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

I love your take on the sketch, the wreath is a great idea...love th fall colours.

Katie said...

Such a lovely, warm fall card. It makes me want to pull out my Cricut!

jennaroo said...

This is sooo great! wonderful looking card here!

Scrapenabler said...

Super cute card.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Brenda , what a lovely card and just lve your clever idea with the wreath, rich and lovely colours too.

Marie