Tuesday, September 13, 2011

CAS-ual Friday's paper piecing challenge

This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to create a Fall themed card with some type of paper piecing. I used a pumpkin stamp (Unity Stamp Co) to create my paper pieced item.  I stamped the pumpkin on four different pp scraps, then cut the images apart and pieced them together to make one multi-hued pumpkin.  The two crows are from an older Stampin' Up set.  They were colored w/Copic markers and then cut out and adhered to the pumpkin.  The bottom green strip is made from a Martha Stewart border punch.  I love making Fall cards.  It's my favorite season......football, Fall festivals, Halloween and Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

ADORABLE Brenda! Love the addition of the sweet little blue birds and the pretty DPs you used for your pumpkin!

Judy1223 said...

Oh my goodness, Brenda, this is so PRETTY! I adore that paper-pieced pumpkin...great punched border, too. I love the country folk-art style...LOVE this!!!

Mara Campbell said...

So cute! My favorite are those 2 adorable birds on top!!

VanessaB said...

loooooooove this! those birds are the cutest. :)

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful job, Brenda! Love your detailed paper-piecing! The (faux?) stitching adds great interest to this card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This image is amazing! Love the way you popped it up in layers to give some gorgeous texture and interest!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Laura Davis said...

This is so pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura