Friday, December 2, 2011

iCopic challenge - vintage distressing

This week's challenge @ iCopic was to create a card with a vintage, distressed style.  Normally I use my Copic markers to bring some color to my stamped images, so it was a little different to try for a muted color scheme on this card.  

I stamped the nativity scene with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, and then sponged around the edges with Antique Linen distress ink.  The image was colored with Copic E00 & E51 for skin tones, Y00 for the halos, B91 and B95 for the blues and E33 for Joseph's robe.  The straw was colored with E43 and then I added a few strokes of Y15.  I also used E43 to color the tiny white pearls to get a more champagne color.  It's hard to see in the picture, but the red cardstock was stamped with a crackle background stamp, and then inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany and Gathered Twigs distress inks.  I also used Gathered Twigs distress ink around the edges of the kraft card base.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Beautiful work Brenda. So peaceful atmosphere.
I also love your hanging holiday photo wall! :o)