Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today @ Practical Scrappers, we're featuring some DT projects that showcase some of the top scrapbooking trends from 2011. It's always fund to see what new trends develop during a year, and see whether they stand the test of time and become classic techniques, or whether they disappear and are replaced by something new.




On my page, I used three of the hot items from last year - banners, bakers' twine, and rosettes. I've used premade rosettes before, but this was the first time I made my own. The trickiest part for me was holding the pleated circle together while adhering it to the base circle; I could've used a third hand, LOL!

Be sure to check out the Practical Scrappers blog to see what trends the other DT members chose for their projects. What was your favorite trend from 2011?  I think mine was bakers' twine - I love this stuff!

1 comment:

Mara Campbell said...

Oh banners and baker's twine, how I love thee!!! Those are still my two favorites to use. I love your layout, super cute rosettes in the corner!