Monday, March 26, 2012

Creative Chemistry Class - Day 5

I got a little behind on my samples for the Creative Chemistry Class, so I'm playing catch-up now.  These are samples from Day 5, working with Distress Stains.   I only have a few of these stains, so that's why my projects all are in the blue/gray palette.

One of the techniques today was using the Tiim Holtz Kraft Resist paper.  I don't have any of that (although I think it' really cool!), so I used plain kraft paper, stamped a diamond pattern with black archival ink, dried it, and then stamped the flowers with Versamark ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder. 

The samples in the middle use the stamping with stains technique, and the sample on the right shows the marbled stain technique.  (And if you could see my inky fingers, it would be obvious that I've been playing with blue and black inks today, LOL!)

No comments: