Sunday, April 1, 2012

Creative Chemistry Class - Distress Stickles

The last class from Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry class focused on dimensional embellishments & sealers - glossy accents, multi medium, stickles, enamel accents and distress stickles.  I'll admit that I have several bottles of Stickles that I hardly ever use, mainly because I'm too impatient to wait for them to dry.  I also have a few bottles of Distress Stickles - and now that I know I can use the heat gun to dry them, I'm sure I'll be using Distress Stickles a lot more!

Here are a couple of samples using Distress Stickles.  They don't go together, I just wanted to try different ink/stickles combinations.  The little chipboard bird was inked with Broken China and Festive Berries, and then I used Broken China and Worn Lipstick Distress Stickles.  The vintage basket was stamped with Vintage Photo over an Antique Linen background, and then covered with clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the Distress Stickles gives it an almost sugary coating look.  I think I need a few more bottles of Rock Candy Distress Stickles, LOL!

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Lovely pieces. That bird had me smiling..love the heart wing!! The vintage piece of it looks amazing too. love the rock candy stickler....so pretty.