Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10 Way to use glitter - with Practical Scrappers

Today @ Practical Scrappers, we're showcasing 10 ways to use loose glitter.   I'll admit that I am a little hesitant about using glitter sometimes - not because I don't like the look, but because I make such a mess with it!   To help control the "glitter fallout", I took an old Cricut cutting mat (one that wasn't quite sticky enough to hold paper anymore) and put it inside a mailing box that I had cut open.   Now when I use glitter, I just work inside that box and the stickiness of the mat helps keep the glitter contained in that box.   No mess, and recycling, too! 

Here are two projects I made, using glitter.   For this first card, I stamped the flower & leaf images but instead of coloring it with pencils or markers, I used a Zig glue pen to "paint" inside the image.  Then I sprinkled glitter on the images to add color and sparkle.
For this next card, I covered white cardstock with an adhesive sheet (you could also use a Xyron, ATG gun, or tacky tape).  Then I used a border punch to make four decorative strips and placed them over the adhesive.   I sprinkled some Martha Stewart glitter over the strip so it would adhere to the open parts from the border punch.  I want to try this technique with patterned paper and red glitter for some Christmas cards this year!
I hope you'll check out all the ideas at Practical Scrappers, and find some great way to add sparkle to your projects!


No comments: