Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Frugal Finds @ Practical Scrappers - toothpicks!

I have to admit that I never would have thought of using toothpicks on my scrapbook pages, so I thought it would be really interesting to work with this challenge.  I started with 10 toothpicks, and painted them white.   Then I used my Cricut and the George & Basic Shapes cartridge to cut a 3.5" star from patterned paper and from cardstock.  Layering the two shapes added a little bit of dimension to the image.  The star was adhered to the top LH corner of the page, and then the toothpicks were adhered with micro glue dots to outline the star.  One end of each toothpick was clipped to fit the star edge.

The photo of my nieces at our annual hometown 4th of July parade was placed in the bottom RH corner to balance the star.   I added some misting with white Mr. Huey mist, and then used a mask and Ranger pearl paint to add a few stars. 

No comments: