Friday, August 10, 2012

Fabulous Friday Fabric Challenge!

This week's Fabulous Friday challenge @ Frosted Designs is to use fabric in your project.  I had been trying to think of a way to use some leftover quilt blocks we found in my Grandma's basement, so this challenge seemed like the perfect time to create with them.   I had three wooden embroidery hoops that I no longer used, so I put one block in each hoop, tightened them up and tucked the ends behind the hoop.  On the two smaller hoops, I tied baker's twine across them and hung some old photos with small clips.  For the larger hoop, I diecut a heart and the word "family" and attached them to the center of the quilt block with a tape runner.   Nothing is permanently attached, so I can change the photos around, and remove the quilt blocks if we ever want to use them for another project. 



We would love to see your fabric projects this week.  Please link them up to the Frosted Designs website - you could win a prize from this week's sponsor!


2 comments:

Barb Craft said...

I LOVE this!! What a great way to share the quilts and display photos all at the same time!! Very creative!

barb :)

tellana said...

This is wonderful idea and I'm glad you got to use those quilt blocks from your grandma.
Hugs,
Liva ❤