Wednesday, March 6, 2013

using paint & stencils - Get It Scrapped article

Yesterday's post @ Get It Scrapped focused on using paint and stencils on your scrapbook pages.  I had never used paint with a stencil before, as I'd used mists the few times I had even used a stencil, so this was a new challenge for me.  

I used circle, star and hexagon stencils over patterned papers for the banner flags on this page, using white paint on some and paint that matched the pp color on others.  The paint on the red banners is a little thicker so it has more texture; I actually liked the effect of less paint for a more subtle effect.

 
You can see the other design team members projects here.  There are so many creative ideas for using paint and stencils - be sure to check them out!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Super cute layout! Your stenciling looks fantastic.