Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Using book pages on projects

Today's feature on Get It Scrapped is about using book pages on your scrapbook layouts.  I love to read, and always enjoyed reading to my kids when they were little, and now reading to my granddaughter.  I saved most of my kids' books and brought a lot of them down from the attic for my granddaughter.  Once you have read a book to her a couple of times, she pretty much knows it by heart and then she wants to "read" it herself, which is what she's doing in the photo on this page.   I diecut the flowers from some pages torn from books that had gotten damaged during their time in the attic (no way could I tear up a good book!), then added some inks and mists to add a little color.
 
 
 
Supplies: Cardstock: BoBunny and Recollections; Patterned paper: Crate Paper “DIY” collection; Alphabet stickers: Jenni Bowlin; Chipboard buttons: Jenni Bowlin; Glitter clip: Making Memories: Grungeboard flower and 3: Tim Holtz; Chipboard flower: BoBunny; Glitter glue: Stickles by Ranger; Cricut Flower Shoppe catridge from ProvoCraft
 
 
Check out the Get It Scrapped site for lots of creative ideas on using book pages on your projects!

No comments: