Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Today at Get It Scrapped, we're featuring projects inspired by folk art.  One of my favorite types of folk art is the penny rug.  This is typically made of circles cut from wool or wool felt and embroidered with a blanket stitch or running stitch.  While I didn't use any circles on this page, I did use some wool felt and hand stitching on the frame around the photo and also on the leaves.  To make the leaves, I cut cardstock with my Cricut and then traced around the diecut onto the felt, then stitched the leaf veins.  I added a little extra texture by laying down some drywall tape as a mask, and then sponging brown ink overtop to create the little areas of grid pattern.
 
 
 
I hope you'll check out the other DT projects at Get It Scrapped, for more inspiration!

No comments: