Saturday, January 18, 2014

My first Christmas card of 2014!

It's never too early to start on your Christmas cards, right?  Turtle Soup is hosting their monthly mini crop and I made this card for the "Winter fun" challenge, to incorporate a snowman into your project.
 
I picked up a couple of Hero Arts Christmas/Winter stamp sets @ Michael's last week for 75% off , and this card gave me the chance to play with one of them.  I stamped the snowman on the card base, and then partially stamped him twice more to get the green holly leaves and the patterned paper scarf.  Those were cut out and adhered with micro glue dots.  The snowman is colored with Copics and I added a little bit of glitter around the edges of his body.  The snowflakes were stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with white sparkle embossing powder.  The sentiment was stamped with Hero Arts Cornflower Blue ink.  I added some tiny rhinestones and also outlined the edges with a clear glitter pen.

I'm also entering this card into the New Year/New Stash challenge at A Blog Named Hero and the Emboss It! challenge @ Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.

1 comment:

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! That snowman is too cute!! Great to get a head start on those Christmas cards! Christmas will be back before we know it! :)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa