Saturday, February 1, 2014

It's time for the Card Bowl @ Operation Write Home!

It's Super Bowl weekend - and to help celebrate, Operation Write Home is sponsoring their own version of a bowl game, The Card Bowl!    How does this work?  Well, there will be three challenges posted on the Operation Write Home blogs this weekend.   Create a card based on the challenges, post to the OWH blog, and you'll be entered to win a prize package of stamping goodies!

The first challenge was posted yesterday, and it was to create a masculine card and somehow incorporate the colors/logos/city of your Super Bowl pick - Denver Broncos or Seattle Seahawks.  Since I'm rooting for the Broncos, I chose the blue and orange color scheme for this birthday card for a little boy.

I didn't do any coloring on this card, just stamped the image multiple times on different patterned papers and then paper pieces the little bear with his gifts. 

If you're not familiar with Operation Write Home, you can read about their mission here.  It's a wonderful organization doing their part to bring a little bit of home to the guys and gals in our armed forces.  If you like to make cards, check out their blogs - it's a great way to have fun creating and help a good cause.

And here's my card for the Saturday challenge, which is to create a masculine card using brown.
 
I kept this very simple, just adding a stamped sentiment, a ribbon knot and some wood veneer hearts with just a tiny touch of copper Stickles.
 
The last challenge for the weekend is a sketch challenge.  You can find it here.  Here's my take on the sketch. 
 
I have to admit that making masculine cards is much tougher than I expected.  Guess I need to expand my stamp collection to include some "guy" stamps! 

6 comments:

craftysahmiam said...

AWESOME paper piecing on the adorable little teddy bearing gifts ! I really need to try that technique.

Lori Kobular said...

Your Bear Card is adorable and I loove the colors in your Brown card!

Sybrina K said...

Three great cards! I especially love the CAS design of the second and the pairing of the sentiment and image on the third.

Jen M said...

I really like ALL of them, Brenda! Great job!

BobbisTreasure said...

As a CAS girl - i LOVE your brown card! Classy!

Linda said...

Three nice cards! I think the first is my fave. Great papers and details! TFS!!!