Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mischief (in a hat!)

Today is my day as featured poster on the Frosted Designs blog.  I wanted to showcase the new Authentique "Suave" papers, so I created this layout of my grandson.  He is such a little sweetie, but definitely has a lot of mischief just below the surface, LOL!

 
I used three papers from the Authentique "Suave" collection pack, along with some alphabet stickers, sentiment stickers, and a border sticker.  I really love Authentiques papers; they are double sided, heavyweight, with a little bit of texture.
 
The large title letters were some clear acrylic alphas that had been in my stash for a really long time.  I bought them because I thought they were really cool, but then never really knew what to do with them.  (Does that ever happen to you?)  For this page, I inked the front of the letters with Versamark ink, then used a small paintbrush to dust some of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Industrial Magicals in "Time Travel Teal" over the top.  This added a little bit of color and shimmer, but with a little bit of a grunge effect, too.  Here's a closeup of the alphas:
 
I also used Versamark ink to stamp the splotches, heart and arrow on the bottom portion of the page.  I  got a little bit of the "Steampunk Sepia" powder on my finger and rubbed it over the stamped image. Against the teal paper, it gives more of a steel grey effect.
 
These are just two ways to use the dry powder in the Industrial Magicals.  You can also use the powders to create your own shimmer mists.  I'm looking forward to playing around with this product!
 
I hope you have a little creative time this week and maybe join in our latest challenge.  Be sure to check out the Frosted Designs store; there are some fabulous new items!
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little guy! Grandkids are soooo fun. Love the layout.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

The cutie in this layout made me stop and look! Great layout and colors for such a little cutie!

The Furni said...

Aww this is adorable!