Monday, June 23, 2014

Live, Love, Laugh canvas


It's my turn to post a project at Frosted Designs, so I wanted to share this altered canvas.  I've had these Max & Ruby Stencils in my stash for awhile, and finally had an idea for a project to use them.

I started by spreading mod podge over a 12x12 canvas, then adhering one sheet of paper from the  Simple Stories Homespun collection with more mod podge.  One this dried, I laid out the letters for the words and brushed cream colored chalk paint over the entire surface of the canvas.  Then I removed the stencils to expose the patterned paper letters. 

 
I added a couple of small heart stickers and painted lightly over those.  Once all the paint was dry, I added some pen stitching to the letters.
 
 
The Hazel & Ruby masks were very easy to use, and they're reusable!   Besides the alphabet, they also have some cute images.  I hope you're inspired to get out the paint and try some masking on your own!
 
 

No comments: