Saturday, June 28, 2014

Muse challenge #73

This week's challenge at Muse had this wonderful card by Beverly Brown as the inspiration piece:
 
 I loved the white stamping and the soft colors against the kraft background, so that's the inspiration I used for my card.  Instead of butterflies, I used a large snowflake stamp.  The snowflakes and the sentiment were embossed with white tinsel embossing powder, then colored lightly with watercolor pencils.
 
 
I added tiny snowflake sequins to the centers of the stamped snowflakes.  They photograph as if they're purple, but they're actually holographic silver so they are a more subtle touch of bling than it appears. 
 
If you get a chance, check out all the entries to this week's challenge @ Muse!
 

2 comments:

Ardyth said...

So pretty! I almost went with a Christmas card myself for this one - I love the sparkle! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

KateCrafts said...

Hi, I really like you card, it is very nice!