Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Floral card with Cricut Explore

I tried something a little different with this card.  Instead of using a stamped image, I used the "write" function on my Cricut Explore and a rose image from the Anna Griffin Elegant Embellishments 2 cartridge.  The image was drawn with a fine tip black Cricut pen and then colored with colored pencils and gamsol.  The sentiment was stamped and I added a few tiny sequins.


The background paper is from Bella Blvd. Illustrated Faith.  I still need some practice with shading with the colored pencils, but I do like the softer look when compared to my usual Copic coloring. 

This is for the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash (use a rose on your project) and the card sketch challenge at Stick It Down. (see sketch below) 

  April Card Sketch 

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh, cool! Smart thinking to use your "draw" feature... I recently got an Explore and only played with that feature when I first got it. Thanks for the inspiration! And thanks for being #1 @ Shopping Our Stash this week.

Mimi said...

Dangly! Left you a nice comment then accidentally hit "sign out"... ugh.
I said... Thanks for the kick to use the draw feature of the Explore. I recently got one and only used that feature the first time I used it! Beautiful image. Thanks for sharing at Shopping Our Stash this week.

Colleen said...

Such a pretty card, love the saying on it. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Colleen--DT for SID
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Lovely card! Great take on the sketch as well!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Rose challenge this week!

Lori said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that Illustrated Faith paper! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stick It Down! -Lori DT

mylittlecraftblog said...

I never think to use the pens in my machines. Thanks for the reminder. This turned out beautifully !

Thanks for using our sketch as inspiration for your card!

Evelyn, Stick it Down design team
https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a great idea to use the pens for a "stamped" image! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for linking up your project with us at Stick It Down.

Stacey
Stacey’s Creative Corner
Stick It Down, DT Member