Sunday, June 25, 2017

June 15th challenge @ Stuck?! Sketches

Here is the 2nd challenge for June over at Stuck?! Sketches.



Here's my take on the challenge, with photos of my youngest DGD enjoying a yummy but very messy dinner!

I really like the subtle heart outline behind the photos in the challenge sketch, but struggled to come up with something similar for my layout.  I ended up cutting a large circle from cardstock and using the negative frame as a mask for some ink & paint splatters.  It's a nice way to add a little bit of color to the white cardstock background. 

Stuck?! Sketches features two sketch challenges each month.  You can check them out here!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I love how you interpreted the heart in the background of the sketch - clever idea. Sometimes it is hard to use the exact items in the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Laura Creates said...

Awesome layout! Love the addition of the extra photo!

Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

kaybeetoo said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!