Thursday, July 26, 2012

Check out the Get It Scrapped website!

Have you checked out the Get It Scrapped website recently?   The website has a new look, so it's even easier to navigate and there are lots of ideas, scrapbook pages, and articles available.  If you haven't taken it yet, I highly recommend the free Design Principles class - it is fabulous and will really help you design striking scrapbook pages.

Here are a couple of pages I did for articles posted on the site this week:


This page was for an article on crop combos - cropping photos in different way to emphasize different parts of the story or different viewpoints.  These photos were taken on a hike of Exit Glacier in Seward, Alaska.  I wanted one photo of my daugher and granddaughter with the scenery in he background, but then I also waned a closeup showing my granddaughter in her little bonnet, riding along so comfy on her mommy's back.  You can see other DT examples in the article here.

This page was for an article showing ways to scrap two photos on a page.  I used two photos of my granddaughter and brand new grandson - one where DGD was looking at the camera and one with her looking down at her baby brother.  A large diecut heart, outlined with handstitching, and some lace, twine, and a bow add a soft touch to the page.   The article is here, and there are lots of cool ideas for placing two photos on a page.

Hope you get a chance to check out the Get It Scrapped website!  

No comments: