Monday, March 15, 2010

Our first challenge from Fantabulous Cricut!

Our new Cricut challenge site goes live today! It's FantabulousCricut and features a challenge each Monday, and then tips, tutorials, ideas and other inspiration the rest of the week.

The first challenge is to use the word "birthday" and some type of balloon image on a project, along with at least one Cricut cut. Here's my page for the challenge:



The balloons were cut from "Stretch Your Imagination". I cut them from white cardstock and then again from pp. I snipped just the balloon image from the pp image and then adhered it over the white cs image to end up with colored balloons and white "strings".

The word "birthday" is from the "Stamping" cartridge. On the cartridge, this is actually "happy birthday", but I used Design Studio and the hide contour feature to hide the word "happy" since I didn't need it to print. I just added some penwork to the letters and mounted them with adhesive squares to get a little dimension.

Hope you join in the challenge this week. We'd love to see your projects!

1 comment:

Wendy K. said...

What a cute page! I love the bright colors!
Wendy K.
www.myscrapbookingblog.com