Monday, October 25, 2010

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge # 33

This week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is to create a project with a Halloween theme. For this challenge, I did something I don't do very often - I used my Cricut markers!


I used an oval wooden embroidery hoop for this wall hanging. I traced the inside hoop on the back of the orange polka dot paper, then cut the paper 1/2" outside the traced line. Once the oval was cut out, I clipped around the shape, from the edge almost to the traced oval. I used a tape runner adhesive around the edge of the inner hoop, laid the pp on top and pressed the clipped edges down onto the adhesive on the hoop. For the outside hoop, I used some self-adhesive paper tape from Pink Paislee to cover the front and side edges, but you could also use paint, ink or ribbon.

The images are all cut at 3" from Paper Doll Dress Up. I used white cardstock and a black Cricut marker to draw the images first, then switched back to the Cricut blade and cut the images. I used distress inks to color the images: Peeled Paint on the edges of the ghost, Antique Linen on the mummy with Brushed Corduroy on the edges, and then Dusty Concord all over the monster. I added some alpha stickers, a bow and a button to finish the wall hanging. On images like these, where you don't have layers, using the Cricut markers to outline the cuts really adds a nice touch.

We'd love to see your Halloween projects at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

4 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

really cute

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Great use of those markers Brenda, very fun!!! :)

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

hehe those are so cute.

Kate said...

This is so sweet! How clever to use an embroidery hoop! Your wall hanging turned out wonderfully!