Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Practical Scrappers is red, white and blue today!

Today, Practical Scrappers is featuring red white and blue layouts. You might think that all layouts with this color scheme would be patriotic themed, but if you check out the postings, you'll see that this color scheme is used for a lot more than 4th of July pages!

I went way back to 1986 for the photos on my page. Even though it was a long time ago, I remember my son waiting for the Epcot parade to start, singing "Yankee Doodle Dandee" with that little American flag stuck in his Mickey Mouse ears, and then how excited he was to see the parade march by and wave the flag. (sigh!) Wish I could go back to that time when he (and me!) were 25 years younger!

The papers are from October Afternoon. I did some hand stitching for the border, with tiny little star brads added on each side.

No comments: