Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Halloween tree

I was in Michael's a few weeks ago and found this fold up Halloween tree for $2.    I thought it would be fun to turn this into a Halloween tree for my table.  I stamped different Halloween images, punched them out with a 2" circle punch, and then used my Cricut and the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge to cut some circle tags at 2.5" from black cardstock.  All the images were colored with Copic markers and Spica glitter pens, and then inked with the new Fall Distress Inks.  I added a few smears of copper and purple Stickles on the tree for a little bit of sparkle.  I think it turned out cute, and it was very inexpensive!  I think decorating for Halloween is so much fun!

6 comments:

Leah's Crafty Life said...

WOW What a deal!!!
I absolutely ADORE this halloween tree. Love how you colored all the images too. Thanks for linking up to the Paper Issues Halloween Link Party!!

SiskiyouSue said...

Great idea, it's really cute.

PaperVine said...

Fantastic tree - perfect for Halloween treats!
Visiting from Paper Issues
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com

Mara Campbell said...

This is SO much fun!!! I love that tree and how you decorated it, such a fun Halloween decoration. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Such a great and inexpensive Halloween decoration!! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!