Saturday, November 5, 2011

another CAS-ual Friday's challenge

This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to create a card with an element that goes over the edge.  I always love cards that I see designed like this, but have to admit it's not something I've tried too often myself, so I took the challenge and came up with this card.
 The background was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder, then brushed with white ink.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment was stamped, colored, then adhered to a border punch white strip that extends over the edge of the card.  The Christmas tree was stamped, cut out and adhered so it hangs over the edge a bit, too.

There's a wonderful card drive going on right now that's called "Cards That Care".  It's hosted by Jennifer McGuire and Vera Yates, and the goal is to collect Christmas cards that will be distributed to the elderly residents of nursing homes.  You can read all the details here.  This is such a wonderful idea!  My plan is make two of each Christmas card I make this month, so I'll get my Christmas cards done plus have a group of cards to donate.

3 comments:

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Oh, I love this! The white ink over the embossing is beautiful. Love the images you used, too.

Virginia L. said...

Your over the edge card is just perfect for this challenge! I like the embossed background with the lovely details! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Laura Davis said...

This is super cute!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura