Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Holiday Card Boot Camp - Day one

I'm taking Jennifer McGuire's Holiday Card Boot Camp, an online class with ideas and techniques for holiday cards.   Monday was the first day of the class and there was lots of inspiration (especially loved the ideas from touring Target!) and card ideas.   Here are three of the cards I made, inspired by the first day of class.


 I used my Cuttlebug and a Sizzix embossing folder for the background on the snowflake card.   The snowflake was cut with my Cricut and the Accent Essentials cartridge.  To add a little sparkle, I stitched the blue cardstock panels with silver thread and added some crystal glitter over the snowflake.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts and was stamped in silver.




The background was stamped on kraft with Versamark ink, then I added a pp panel to the center and punched the border trim from gold metallic cardstock.  The ornament was cut with my Cricut using the Joys of the Season cartridge.


The background on the last ornament was embossed with a Sizzix folder.  The branch was cut with my Cricut and the Winter Woodlands cartridge, and the star was cut from the George cartridge.  I added a little bit of glitter to the branch and some Rock Candy Stickles to the star.

3 comments:

Dotchie said...

I love all three--but the second one just really pops. Great use of that strip of pp paper and the punch trim. The colors on this card are so vibrant. Love the white embossed background on the last card--it just makes for such a classic background for the other elements. I think it made Jennifer's card beautiful as well.

Mara Campbell said...

Wow, these are all fantastic. I really like the one big focal point on each card. The snowflake card is my favorite, such a great snowflake and pretty colors!! Beautiful work.

Julie said...

These all came out great! I like how you glittered the branch on the third one and framed the card out in red - great idea!