Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sweet baby boy!

Today's feature article on Get It Scrapped is about scrapbooking baby photos.  My kids are grown, but I have two grandchildren and have already accumulated hundreds of photos of them (thanks goodness for digital photography or I'd go broke from buying film, LOL!)

Here's a page I did with two photos of my new grandson:


I broke out of my ‘norm’ for this page and used themed paper with a border at the bottom (from Fancy Pants). To give the animals a little more dimension, I used colored pencils and gamsol to add a bit of shading and highlighting. I trimmed the patterned paper about 1/8″ all the way around; not enough to destroy the symmetry of the border but enough so the brown backing paper could show. The banner was cut from another patterned paper, and I stitched bakers’ twine along the top.

Be sure to check out the Get It Scrapped site for some fabulous ideas for scrapping those baby pages!

No comments: