Friday, September 21, 2012

Check out the triangle projects @ Frosted Designs

This Friday's challenge at Frosted Designs is to use triangle shapes in your project.   I've made quilt projects with triangles, but very rarely have I used them in my paper crafting, so for this challenge I combined both crafts and used paper and cardstock to make a framed "quilt block".

 
I started with four 3" x 3" squares of kraft cardstock, then lightly marked them into a 1" square grid, so each square contained three rows of three 1" squares, for nine total.  For each leaf, I cut five 1" squares of patterned paper, leaving three whole and cutting two of those diagonally to make four triangle pieces.  The triangles and squares were then adhered to the 3" kraft background square, with a 1/4" strip of brown cardstock added to one corner for the leaf stem.  I added pen stitching with a fine point black pen.  The four kraft squares were arranged on an 8"x8" piece of cream cardstock and then placed in an 8"x8" square frame (found at Michaels).  I used rubons for "happy" and cork alphabet stickers for "FALL" and applied those to the outside of the frame, along with some wooden leaf buttons and a twine bow.
 
We'd love to see how you use triangles in your scrappy projects.  Just link up to the Frosted Designs blog and you'll be entered to win this week's prize from our sponsor, Mold Muse.
 

No comments: