Monday, December 31, 2012

more sketches from My Scraps & More

With these two pages, I'm caught up with the December sketches from My Scraps & More - yay!  
Here's my page for sketch #7:
This is Christmas 1965 - the year I got one of my favorite gifts ever, a Barbie Dream House!  (Back then, the house and furniture were all cardboard; nothing like the fancy and expensive ones Barbie has now.)  In fact, when I found one of these Barbie houses on ebay a couple of year ago, I bought it, just because it brought back memories.  :)


This page is based on sketch #8, and uses some older My Mind's Eye Christmas papers.  For the second year in a row, we spent a long weekend in Gatlinburg, visiting Dollywood and taking in the Dixie Stampede Christmas show.  If you ever get a chance to visit Dollywood at Christmas, take it - there are awesome shows and the decorations are beautiful!  The Dixie Stampede Christmas show is fabulous, too; our granddaughter just LOVES the horses.  You can't take pictures during the show itself, so I scrapped the souvenir photo that we had taken before the show.
If you'd like to try some of the My Scraps and More December sketches, you have until January 3rd to link up your layouts!

1 comment:

LisaM said...

You rocked the sketches Brenda! Both of these are awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!