Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Two page layout from a one page sketch @ Get It Scrapped

 One of my favorite challenges at Get It Scrapped is to take a one-page sketch and adapt it for a two-page layout.  Two page layouts are a great way to use a lot of photos, or to showcase special photos in a larger size, or include a lot of journaling if you have a great story to tell.   Here's the sketch I worked with:
To adapt the sketch for a two-page layout, I rotated it 90 degrees counterclockwise, so the larger picture was on the bottom left side, and then I mirrored that page for the right side of the layout.  Since I wasn't including any journaling, I placed the elements closer together and substituted patterned paper blocks for the journaling space. 
 
 
Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Basic Grey “Bow Ties” collection; Alphabet and other stickers: Basic Grey “Bow Ties” collection; Alphabet stamps: Paper Smooches; Brads: Queen & Co.
 
Get It Scrapped is hosting a blog hop this weekend, starting June 1st.  There will be discounts on many of the Get It Scrapped classes, and lots of inspiration, so I hope you'll join us!

No comments: