Sunday, January 5, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - January - inspired by Tim Holtz

Every year I look at Tim Holtz's monthly tags and am amazed at his creativity.  This year I'm hoping to play along each month and try some new techniques.  Here is the link to the tutorial for his January tag:   http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-january/

Here is my version of the tag.  I didn't have some of his supplies, so I used some similar items from my stash.  I used Weathered Wood Distress Stain, Black Soot and Pumice Stone Distress Inks, some of the Chit Chat Word Stickers and one of the Ideaology Custom Brads.  The pocket watch is a Hero Arts stamp.  

 
I loved the look of embossing the chipboard circles covered with metal foil, and then distressing the embossed metal with black paint.  I didn't get the ink dry enough before adding the rubon numbers, so they didn't adhere too well, but since I would have sanded part of them off anyway, it worked out.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Brenda: I like how you improvised your tag with the embossed circles behind the timepiece (great stamp!). Adds nice dimension.
Sharon aka celticrafter

Anonymous said...

Great Tag Brenda. Love the honey comb background. Thanks for the visit. Karen.x