Sunday, February 1, 2015

"Shape-ing Up" with Jingle Belles

The new challenge at Jingle Belles is to create a shaped Christmas card; anything other than a square or rectangle.

I wanted to come up with a card that looked like a gingerbread house, so I played around with my Cricut Explore and Design Space to come up with this card.

 
I welded two of the house base images together along the left roof line, then scored to create the card fold. The wreath and Christmas lights were done with the print-then-cut feature and adhered with foam adhesive for a little dimension.  I added Stickles to the roof trim, the lights and the snow at the bottom, and just a few touches on the wreath for a little sparkle.  The doorknob is actually a gold brad; I just clipped off the prongs and adhered the top with a glue dot.  Thanks for the challenge, Jingle Belles!

3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the wreath on the door ... such a fun little house ... so glad you're shaping-up with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! this is as gorgeous as it is CLEVER... which is really saying something ! soooooo cute and fun and i LOVE those xmas lights strung along the rafters, especially! thanks for "shaping up" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Barbara said...

Oh, what a cute card! And I totally agree with Stefanie about the wreath - what a perfect touch!