Saturday, March 28, 2015

Grandma Lillie

 
My paternal grandmother passed away many years ago. She was a very shy person and didn't like having her picture taken. When I was going through some old photo boxes the other day, I found a wallet sized photo that was taken during a fund raising photo shoot at our church.  I enlarged the photo to 5x7 and created this page. (love this photo!)
 

Even though I don't use a lot of flowers on my pages, I thought a floral corner grouping would be a nice touch, especially with the punched eyelet border around the photo.  The green heart leaf vine is a diecut from the Cricut CTMH Artbooking cartridge.  The buttons on the tag at top left came from my Grandma's button tin.  I always loved to sort through all the buttons in that box when I was little, and that tin was passed down to me. 

This is for the March die cut challenge at Stuck On You Sketches, with a theme of "In the Garden", and is based on a sketch by Bev Code at Turtle Soup

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Thanks for sharing your layout with us at Sous! The photo is framed beautifully...love the photo mat" The flower cluster is os pretty, just perfect!