Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Santa shaker card

The current challenge at Jingle Belles is to make a shaker card or a card featuring Santa.  I haven't made too many shaker cards, so I decided to try one and combine that with a Santa image.  Here's my card for the challenge:
 
The snowflake paper is from My Minds Eye; the teal glitter paper has been in my stash for a few years, so I don't know the manufacturer.  The Santa and sleigh is a Cricut image that I cut from vinyl and adhered over the top of the card.  I've never used vinyl on a card before, but I thought it might cut easier than cardstock for this fairly intricate image. I also experimented with using my Cricut Explore to write the sentiment, since I wanted to use a saying from "The Night Before Christmas" and didn't have a stamp that worked.
 
Thanks for the challenge, Jingle Belles!  This was fun!

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Fabulous shaker card! Love the soft colours as the backdrop for your black silhouette.! Such a pretty and striking combination.

lauren bergold said...

Well no one could possibly guess you were not a shaker card EXPERT... what a great design! i love the way the santa's sleigh image goes OVER the shaker window... that is totally fabulous! thanks for joining our "shake it santa baby" fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!