Sunday, October 8, 2017

May the beauty of the season bring you joy...


I made this card as part of the World Cardmaking Day challenge @ TopFlight Stamps and also for the current embossing challenge @ Jingle Belles.

For the challenge @ TopFlight Stamps, you needed to use something that could be purchased in their store.  I had bought this Indigo Blue background stamp several months ago but hadn't yet used it.

My original thought on this was to use it for vintage/heritage cards/layouts, but the more I looked at it, the more it seemed like it would work as a cracked ice background with some snowflakes, so that's what I did on this card.


The background was stamped in Versamark, then embossed with Wow glitter embossing powder.  The sentiment and snowflakes were inked with Catherine Pooler's It's a Boy ink, and then I added some tiny glitter stickers.  

And by the way, I highly recommend TopFlight Stamps.  They carry brands not usually seen in US stores, and they have very fast shipping.  (Check out the Katzelkraft jungle animals stamp set - it just cracks me up!)





2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the cracked ice with your lovely snowflakes ... so glad you *embossed* around the Christmas Tree with the Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous CAS holiday card! i love everything about this--and it's a brilliant use of that beautiful background stamp as well! so pleased you could join the 'embossible dream" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥