Saturday, April 7, 2018

Lasting Memories Challenge #389

The current challenge at Lasting Memories is to use a new paper technique on a layout.  While the technique I used isn't new, it's one I haven't used in a really long time:  teabag folding.


For the flower on this page, I started with 2.5" squares and made a kite fold on each square, then adhered the folded papers on a scrap piece of paper, slightly overlapping each piece for the petals. You can find information on tea bag folding here.

The papers are from a 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye.  The photo is of my husbands grandma, sister, mother, and two aunts.  I don't know the date, but I'm guessing early 1950's.  It was in pretty bad shape, but I was able to clean it up a little bit with Photoshop Elements.  I think these old photos are a treasure and should be scrapped, even if there are some scratches and blemishes.  

You have until 4/28 to join in the challenge at Lasting Memories, so be sure to check it out!




3 comments:

Lori said...

I haven't thought about teabag folding in a long time! Your layout is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

Sandy Ross said...

I totally agree with you about scrapping these old photos. They are such a treasure. I love your layout and your teabag folding flower...I am going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing the instructions and thank you for playing along with Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

Deanna said...

I love that creative idea with the teabag folding! Thanks so much for playing along at Lasting Memories! :)