Thursday, June 21, 2018

CAS watercolour challenge - ocean

Joining in on the June challenge @ CAS Watercolour Card Challenges.  This month's challenge theme is "ocean".



I am definitely not an artist and not very good with watercolors, but I still like to play around with them from time to time.  For this card, I used watercolors for the ocean, mountains and sky and then stamped the birds and sentiment in black ink.

Stamps: Hero Arts (birds) My Sentiments Exactly (sentiment)

Once the card front was finished, I added Versamark ink to the edges and then embossed with gold embossing powder, just to make the card look a little less plain.  I think this will be a nice sympathy card or a thinking of you card.






4 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE the soft colours of your watercoloured sea and sky, Brenda! It is so pretty and I agree that it would make a great sympathy card. I like how you kept the rest of the design CAS with the stamped birds and sentiment ... this lets the watercolouring be the star of the card. Great idea to add an edging of gold to add a little shine. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful card, Brenda! Your ocean scene is beautifully done! I love the stamped birds and wonderful sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely, serene looking card...
Thanks so much for joining us and playing along at the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
:) Karen

Robyn Oliver said...

A really lovely card Brenda, soft and serene and beautifully watercoloured.