Saturday, July 7, 2018

Fusion challenge - cactus door





I love the Fusion card challenges because they give you a sketch and an inspiration piece, and you can use both or just choose one for your project inspiration.

This week's challenge included this sketch and photo:
I used the sketch for my card, but also used the cool colors of the photo.

Stamps: Concord & 9th, Simon Says Stamp, A.Jillian Vance


For a bit more of a challenge, I decided to make this a one-layer card, so I did some masking working from the butterfly, to the green strip layer, the blue strip layer, and the woodgrain border last.  The butterfly was colored with Prisma pencils, and then I added the stamped swirl and a few clear sequins.  This sketch is so versatile; I'm sure to be using this one again.






No comments: