Saturday, September 1, 2018

Time for the September challenge @ Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

Time for our second challenge at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

Image may contain: text

 My project for this month is an altered clipboard that can be used to display favorite Christmas photos or Christmas cards.


I started with a small kraft-colored clipboard. (This has been in my stash for quite a while, but it originally came from Walmart.)  I stamped some small Christmas images around the sides and at the bottom, using black Amalgam ink from Gina K Designs, but I think a good black archival ink would also work well.  These images were colored with Copic markers, and then I stamped a few snowflakes in white pigment ink to fill in some of the empty spaces.  The white portions of the images were colored with a Signa Uniball white gel pen.  After everything was dry, I thinned some white ink and used it for splatters over the clipboard.  I added some twine, bells, and a bow along with a photo of my son and Santa, way back in 1983.  :)

You could also use background stamps or stencils on the clipboard.  I think this would also be a cute kitchen decoration, with a copy of a favorite Christmas cookie recipe instead of a photo.

Remember, you have all month to join in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.   Hope to see you there!











1 comment:

craftysahmiam said...

What a wonderful upcycled project, adorable way to show off that sweet photo.