Thursday, November 1, 2018

Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - Challenge #4 - November 2018

Image may contain: text

It's time for our November challenge at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.  Like always, anything goes as long as it's Christmas themed.

Now that Halloween is past and it's November, the time will fly by until Christmas, so it's a good time to get serious about those Christmas cards!   This month I made two cards using a faux cross-stitch technique.



  I used the cross stitch die from Paper Smooches to get the background.  (You could also use paper made for cross stitching, or similar dies from other companies.)  I used actual cross stitch patterns, but instead of thread, I used markers and drew in the cross stitches.  I used Tombow markers, but you could use Copics or other brands.  One hint: I've found that the brush tips don't work as well for this technique as the fine tip markers.

The "stitched" images were framed with cardstock or patterned paper.  I added a sentiment to the stocking card and some tiny crystal stickers to the snowflake card.

I hope you like this technique.  It's a nice way to get the look of cross stitching but with less time involved.  Please join us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog this month - we'd love to see your creations!





No comments: