Friday, March 1, 2019

Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - March challenge

It's March 1st and that means it's time for a new challenge at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!   As always, it's anything goes as long as it is Christmas themed.

Last month I did a major clean/reorganize of the craft room.  While I was going through a stack of old magazines and books, I found an old Making Memories Christmas project book.  One project in there was to embellish a frame with rolled up patterned papers, so I decided to try that project for this month's challenge.  I had an 8x8 frame in my cabinet, so I used a 4x4 photo and that frame.


I had some vintage Graphic45 Christmas papers that I wanted to use, so I paired it with a vintage photo of me and Santa - way back around 1960.  The patterned papers were cut to 4" x 6" rectangles, then rolled up around a pencil and adhered with double sided tape.  I staggered the placement of the rolls around the frame, but kept to a color pattern of red/green/cream/green/red for a little consistency.  The crocheted holly leaves were made by my grandmother, so I added those to the corner, along with some Tim Holtz Christmas ephemera and a red & green plaid bow.  (The Graphic45 papers were pretty substantial; on a repeat project I might go for a little thinner paper to cut down on some of the dimension.)  

We would love to see your creations for this challenge.  You have all month to enter, so please link up to the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

No comments: