Monday, September 2, 2019

Merry Little Christmas September challenge

Wow, September already - only three months left to work on Christmas projects! (At least if you're like me and like to have all the decorating done and tree up the day after Thanksgiving.)   Hopefully you've been playing along with us each month so you have a few cards or projects done!

My card this month is full of sparkle!  I make an exception to my normal "no glitter" rule when it comes to holiday decorations and cards.

Stamp:  Northwoods

Here are a few tips for working with glitter.  First of all - TURN OFF YOUR CEILING FAN!  Yes, I learned this the hard way as I was brushing glitter off me, the desk, the floor, the dog.....you get the picture.  Secondly, use a glue that dries clear and has a fine tip.  My favorite is Art Institute Glitter Glue - it is awesome!  Just use the metal tip,  hold the glue bottle on the side, similar to the way you would hold a pencil and press in with your thumb to get a fine line of glue.  I do one section at a time, and work with one color of glitter at a time.  Third, use a very fine glitter, nothing chunky.  

On the card above, I colored the entire image, then applied glue to the yellow portions of the image and applied the yellow glitter.  I let that dry just for a minute, then went to the red berries and applied glue and glitter to the top portion first, then went to the bottom section.  After that I used copper glitter on the pine cones, and then did a light green on the leaves and a dark green on the pine branches. I matted the stamped and glittered image with glitter cardstock, using double sided adhesive from Elizabeth Craft Designs to adhere the layers together and to the card front.   Sometimes it's hard to get cardstock to adhere to glitter paper, and this double sided adhesive seems to work well.

You have all month to join in the Merry Little Christmas Blog challenge.  We'd love to have you join us and share your Christmas creations!





1 comment:

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty image, so beautifully colored and glittered! I love how the candle glows within, and thanks for the great tip about the ceiling fan too! LOL