Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - October challenge

Wow, we're down to just three more Merry Little Christmas challenges until Christmas!  Time to get serious about those Christmas cards and holiday decorations that are on our project lists!

For my project this month, I did a double diagonal fold card.  This card is made from one 12x8 sheet of double sided cardstock and you end up with a card with two front pockets.  This makes a great way to present gift cards, or tickets to a Christmas concert or play.   I used some old tickets in my example card.


The layered poinsettia stamp is from The Ton and the sentiment stamp is from Power Poppy.  The oval die is from Simon Says Stamp and the patterned paper is from Lawn Fawn.

The tutorial for this double diagonal fold card is here.  Beccy Muir is a very talented stamper and card maker who is generous enough to post a LOT of card fold tutorials on her blog.   You can find the card fold tutorials here.  I tend to stick with plain fold rectangle cards, so was very happy to find Beccy's blog with all the cool card types!

We'd love to see your Christmas projects this month.  Please share them with us at the Merry Little Christmas challenge blog!




3 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG I haven't made a card of this style in years ... thanks so much for inspiration and BEAUTIFUL inspiration at that!! Nicely done!

Leslie said...

I love this! What a great presentation! And this fold is now on my list of must-makes! So happy to have you on my design team!
Hugs,
Leslie

AlisonC said...

This is a really clever idea and worth storing away for future use! Love the spots.