Friday, November 1, 2019

Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - November 2019

Now we're really getting into the Christmas countdown spirit, with less than two months til the big day!  For the November challenge at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog, I decided to make some photo snowglobe ornaments.


You can find several blog posts and YouTube videos on making snowglobe ornaments, but I was inspired by this post at Crafty Mornings  .  You need a laminator, laminating pouch,  black cardstock, photos, white paint, and a white pen or ink/stamp, plus twine and glitter if you want to use it.   I used my Cricut to cut a 4" circle, then traced that circle four times onto one side of the laminating pouch.  I brush white acrylic paint across the bottom of the circles and sponged some randomly on the top portion.  Set those aside to let the paint dry.  The people were trimmed out of the photos and placed on top of the painted portions of the circles.  Where I didn't have a full body image, I added a handcut piece of white cardstock to resemble a snow drift and adhered it to the bottom of the circle, over the bottom of the photo.  I sprinkled a little clear glitter in the circles, around the photos but not on the photos, carefully laid the top portion of the laminating pouch over the bottom portion with the images and ran it through a laminator.

The bases were cut from black cardstock.  You could handwrite or stamp the names and dates on the base, but I used some Christmas sentiment stamps and white ink to stamp onto the base.  I cut the laminated circles out around the traced lines and adhered it over the top portion of the black cardstock base, punched a hole in the top and added twine for hanging.  On the far right image, I added a few tiny gem stickers and on the one next to it, I added some clear glitter adhesive film to the back of the snowglobe for some more sparkle.   You could add Christmas stickers, bows, buttons, sequins, or anything else to dress up your snowglobes.  For patterns and a video on making these ornaments, please check out the post at Crafty Mornings.  

You have all month to play along with us at Merry Little Christmas Challenges.  Cards, scrapbook pages, ornaments or any other crafty project is welcome as long as it's Christmas themed.  Hope to see you there!


No comments: